All of us have experienced mosquito bites several times in our lives and understand how irritating they are. The swollen reddish regions on our hands and legs make our lives uncomfortable as hell. They are a greater threat to the human health than any other host. Mosquitoes love human blood and don’t leave the skin until they are satiated while sucking. They are carriers of pathogenic diseases, including malaria, encephalitis, yellow fever, and many others. In this article, we will tell you about mosquitos pest control - facts, identification, & control. Scroll down for more useful information.
Some Facts about Mosquitoes
Lets start with some facts and figures first, and then move on to prevention and control.
- In North America, around 175 species of mosquitoes have been found, out of which 60 are disease carriers.
- They can come out in any season, but the mosquito season is at its peak from July to September.
- They mostly bite in the dawn and dusk hours.
- Female mosquitoes feed on blood that nourishes their eggs.
- Do you know the male and female adult mosquitoes suck flower nectar? It is a less common side of mosquitoes.
- Mosquitoes may resemble flies and can sometimes be confused with them.
How to Identify and Control Mosquitoes
The most common sign of mosquitoes is the irritating buzzing noises and bites of the female. However, the reactions of bites may vary from person to person; some feel slight irritation while others experience extreme swelling and itching. The immature mosquitoes accumulate on dirty stagnant water. So, what preventive measures you can take? Have a look.
- Never, I repeat, NEVER, leave stagnant water near your home, not even in your gardens. The immature mosquitoes breed on water and enter your homes upon reaching adulthood.
- Clean, not only your home, but your surroundings too.
- Make sure you use mosquito killers at night before sleeping, especially during the mosquito season.
Now, let’s talk about the measures to control them. Using mosquito killer is effective only when you apply them. It doesn’t kill them but rather keeps them away for some time. For a serious problem with mosquitoes call the professional team at Termanator. We will take the following steps.
• First, we inspect your home to find the watery regions. Then, we wipe off the dirty water. We even use detectors for the identification and elimination.
- First, we inspect your home to find the watery regions. Then, we wipe off the dirty water. We even use detectors for the identification and elimination of mosquitoes.
- Then comes the process of applying the high-quality professional strength insecticides. We make sure that every corner of your home is mosquito-free.
- Lastly, we apply insect growth regulators and provide recommendations for the future.